Topic: please use standard symbols if possible

i suggest to use http://www.cpnv-automation.ch/doc/ref_617.pdf as source for EN 60617 symbols and their correct names in fr and de.
We could use 10px per dot in the pdf file.
We should attach a marker to the file, that it is compatible to EN 60617. So we could use a descriptive filename like
08-04-03_meter_Wh.elmt
What do you think?

Re: please use standard symbols if possible

Hi jonas ,

Revision: 1751
Author:   scorpio810
Date:     2012-05-06 15:43:33 +0200 (Sun, 06 May 2012)
Log Message:
-----------
Add jonas symbols

Added Paths:
-----------
    trunk/elements/domestiques/en_60617/
    trunk/elements/domestiques/en_60617/08-04-01_meter_h.elmt
    trunk/elements/domestiques/en_60617/08-04-03_meter_Wh.elmt
    trunk/elements/domestiques/en_60617/qet_directory

"Le jour où tu découvres le Libre, tu sais que tu ne pourras jamais plus revenir en arrière..."

there is no filter mechanism for a standardisation tag.
So i suggest to add in in round brakets of the description:

<name lang="de"> Betriebsstundenzähler (EN 60617) </name>

done ;-)

"Le jour où tu découvres le Libre, tu sais que tu ne pourras jamais plus revenir en arrière..."

should fantasy symbols be dropped as soon as professional symbols are available, or should we collect all kind of symbols?

While I'm not a huge fan of some "fantasy" stuff (e.g. coloured elements), most current symbols come from various professional contexts, including those where "professional" means "deal with reality" more than "respect all existing standards or die". So, unless we collect some feedback like "eh, nice software, but you know, nowadays, everybody sticks to EN60617", I do not think we should remove "fantasy symbols". However, an advanced filtering feature that would take standards into account looks like a good compromise...

Gray's Law of Programming:
'n+1' trivial tasks are expected to be accomplished in the same time as 'n' tasks.

Logg's Rebuttal to Gray's Law:
'n+1' trivial tasks take twice as long as 'n' trivial tasks

7 (edited by pawel32640 2012-05-17 20:45:49)

jonasstein wrote:

i suggest to use http://www.cpnv-automation.ch/doc/ref_617.pdf as source for EN 60617 symbols and their correct names in fr and de.
We could use 10px per dot in the pdf file.
We should attach a marker to the file, that it is compatible to EN 60617. So we could use a descriptive filename like
08-04-03_meter_Wh.elmt
What do you think?

Some items are made by several items, for example, the element "buton_tourant_13.elmt" is made by 5 items of the standard IEC 60617:
02-13-04
02-12-01
07-11-06A
07-02-01
07-02-03
So how should be the name of the file?. Maybe the standard number provided in the information the author?

jonasstein wrote:

should fantasy symbols be dropped as soon as professional symbols are available, or should we collect all kind of symbols?

The world is changing and standards change, not all system components are located in the standards. Creating symbols are not in the standards is not fantasy, it is good engineering practice and the need for designers. For pneumatic and hydraulic system is standard ISO 1219-1.

in fact we have to distinguish between two authors.
The original designer and the one who mostly copies the symbols to qet.
And we need a tag for the source that could be filtered.

What about this structure?

<source>
<type> own creation | standard | similar to standard </type>
<source name> Peter Pan | ISO 123456  | like ISO 123456  </source name>
</source>
<author> Peter Pan </author>  the guy who painted it in qet

Hi jonas ,
hello Pawel, thank you to see here  ;-) ,

Jonas , i'm think is not a problem if a certain number of Qet symbols are not compliant to the standard ISO ,
we expect to release soon 0.3 release , have you seen problems ?
And i don't want any reportbug in debian with minor problem after the release :p
Jonas , are you ready ? ;-)

wow that sounds good.
i will start a new thread for bugs

jonasstein wrote:

wow that sounds good.
i will start a new thread for bugs

thanks , jonas ;-)