Topic: Features and/or improvements

Hi all,

First of all, congratulation for this software that does great services for electric design! It seems now very stable and easy to play with...

Though I still miss few features to turn it into something really efficient (at least for me)! It may be features that I did not clearly understand. Here are my remarks:
 - does the title block has to take the whole width of the folio or can it be set on the bottom right corner of it? I am currently cheating with the addition of a large blank row on the left of the title block.
 - can specific parameters be added to one element? E.g. adding %{manufacturer}, %{manufacturer-ref} to one element so that it will appear in the bill of material each time it is used in any new design.
 - I did not find how to automatically sum the element of one bill of material. For instance if two similar elements (ref. J1 and J2) are on one folio, it should be managed as one line (and qtty 2) in the bill.

Etienne

Re: Features and/or improvements

Hi Etienne,

thanks.

- does the title block has to take the whole width of the folio or can it be set on the bottom right corner of it? I am currently cheating with the addition of a large blank row on the left of the title block.

It not possible, perhaps in future.

- can specific parameters be added to one element? E.g. adding %{manufacturer}, %{manufacturer-ref} to one element so that it will appear in the bill of material each time it is used in any new design.

In future we need to create and connect to a new database for storing these informations.

"Le jour où tu découvres le Libre, tu sais que tu ne pourras jamais plus revenir en arrière..."