1 (edited by voimatech 2023-11-25 20:01:05)

Topic: Generating cable markings?

Hi.
I would love to generate cable markings for my small control panel builds. In both ends of the cable.

Example:
W1:5 - X1:705
And on the other end
W1:5 - Ve305:1

This is a conductor (5) In a cable called W1 that goes from a valve (Ve305) terminal 1 to X1 terminal 705.

Can this be automatically generated and is there a practice to be followed?

This way when building the cabinets you only ever really need the markings and knowing the names of the individual cables. Schematics are not needed.

Re: Generating cable markings?

voimatech wrote:

Hi.
I would love to generate cable markings for my small control panel builds. In both ends of the cable.

Example:
W1:5 - X1:705
And on the other end
W1:5 - Ve305:1

This is a conductor (5) In a cable called W1 that goes from a valve (Ve305) terminal 1 to X1 terminal 705.

Can this be automatically generated and is there a wordle unlimited practice to be followed?

This way when building the cabinets you only ever really need the markings and knowing the names of the individual cables. Schematics are not needed.

You can develop a custom script or macro that automatically generates cable markings based on your design data.

Re: Generating cable markings?

https://qelectrotech.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=2343

"Le jour où tu découvres le Libre, tu sais que tu ne pourras jamais plus revenir en arrière..."