Topic: Good program

Just started using QE 0.22
Looks like a decent program.

A slight abnormality is when editing an element, the updated part does not appear until next time the element is dragged onto the screen. Ie when changing allowable orientations Ctrl+t it does not update until new part is loaded.

Also it would seem the by default it would be good to have a positions ON by default, ie Nort, South, East, West.

Keep up the good work

fiddler

Re: Good program

Hello,

fiddler wrote:

A slight abnormality is when editing an element, the updated part does not appear until next time the element is dragged onto the screen. Ie when changing allowable orientations Ctrl+t it does not update until new part is loaded.

Yep. After modifying an element, you should use the "Reload" button in the panel to see its new appearance in the panel, it is not automatic yet.

Regarding elements already added to the diagram: do not forget they are actually instances of the element automatically copied in the "Project collection > Imported elements". But indeed, existing elements are not updated until the file is opened again, the main problem being the management of updates that would forbid the state of the element on the diagram : moving/deleting terminals imply losing the attached conductors, and forbidding an orientation  imply we should choose an arbitrary new orientation for impacted elements.

fiddler wrote:

Also it would seem the by default it would be good to have a positions ON by default, ie Nort, South, East, West.

As far as I remember, the assistant you go through when creating a new element suggests using North as the default, with the three other orientations allowed, ans this also occurs when creating a raw element editor using the systray icon. Is this what you are referring to?

Gray's Law of Programming:
'n+1' trivial tasks are expected to be accomplished in the same time as 'n' tasks.

Logg's Rebuttal to Gray's Law:
'n+1' trivial tasks take twice as long as 'n' trivial tasks

Hello guys,

I am also a new user of QElectroTech and first of all i would to give my congratulations to those who developed the program!

I would like to ask you two questions:

1) Why we can't draw lines, circles and rectangles, like Proficad? We could make floor plans and have a very good and easy electrical program! Is it difficult on the programing?

2) Is there a way to open other file extensions (like dwg) with QElectroTech? Or to convert *.qet files?

I would like to apologise for my bad English!

vampiris wrote:

Hello guys,

I am also a new user of QElectroTech and first of all i would to give my congratulations to those who developed the program!

I would like to ask you two questions:

1) Why we can't draw lines, circles and rectangles, like Proficad? We could make floor plans and have a very good and easy electrical program! Is it difficult on the programing?

2) Is there a way to open other file extensions (like dwg) with QElectroTech? Or to convert *.qet files?

I would like to apologise for my bad English!

Just litle way is a python script to convert your dxf symbol in elmt , but is not perfect  .
https://download.qelectrotech.org/qet/s … xf_elmt.py

enjoy !

"Le jour où tu découvres le Libre, tu sais que tu ne pourras jamais plus revenir en arrière..."

hi vampiris ,

I answers on forum if it can help others .
In gnu/linux OS
just : install libs

apt-get install dime libdime-dev
mkdir convert
cd convert
wget https://download.qelectrotech.org/qet/scripts/convert_dxf_elmt.py
chmod +x convert_dxf_elmt.py

put yours  dxf symbols in this directory
and run script by

./convert_dxf_elmt.py 

For windows users :

c:/python26/python.exe  convert_dxf_elmt.py

For convert .qet in dxf you can see this page on wiki
http://qelectrotech.org/wiki/doc/dxf?&#export_dxf

@+

"Le jour où tu découvres le Libre, tu sais que tu ne pourras jamais plus revenir en arrière..."

scorpio810,

I hope your answers help the other forum members. I am not familiar with Programming Languages. I made this question because i want to open my .dwg symbol libraries with qelectrotech, but as i become more familiar with the programm i start making my own symbols.

Once again thanks for your answers and your time...

Which symbols type you want to convert to format elmt ?
motor drive, plc ?