Topic: Wire label formulas

Hello all,

I am learning how to use qelectrotech to build panel diagrams/ladder diagrams. I have been manually labeling everything which is working fine but would like to eventually learn how to set up the auto labeling for wires, terminal points, elements and so on. I believe I may be getting confused by the structured text code some users are using.

So my first question is how do you get the simple label/text formulas to work and are the formulas different for: folio, elements, cable, wire, terminal blocks.

The one that I would benefit most from would be the wire label.

These formulas are the only ones that I seem to be able to get working:

%id
%f
%_sequ1 - only works sometimes

I have tried %l for the row and %c for the column but the formula only returns itself.

My second question is where do you run the code for the structured text/python. (do you need to edit files in the qelectro program folder?)

Thank you all for your help!

Re: Wire label formulas

Hi,
see

https://qelectrotech.org/forum/viewtopi … 905#p15905
https://qelectrotech.org/forum/viewtopi … 906#p15906

"Le jour où tu découvres le Libre, tu sais que tu ne pourras jamais plus revenir en arrière..."

3 (edited by lowVoltage 2022-06-12 22:59:20)

Re: Wire label formulas

cmckinley wrote:

Hello all,

...I have tried %l for the row and %c for the column but the formula only returns itself.

If I may offer...
When a formula "only returns itself", this means that it is not a valid formula for the specific purpose.

This is to say that %l and %c are not applicable to conductor numbering.
(these formula are specifically applicable to element-numbering)

I believe it is correct to say that the formulas applicable to conductor-numbering are:

No Scheme (%id)  (this is the folio position in the project, for example sheet 2)

Number Format (%sequ1)

Number Format - Folio (%sequF_1)

Folio (%F)

Plant (%M)

Text

I believe this is correct in all details, and I invite correction by those with better understanding than I.

I hope this is helpful for you.