1 (edited by Hammer1656 2020-08-21 08:04:36)

Topic: Project specific data to all folios (also for existing folios)?

Hello all,

I am trying to set a general data (who draw, who checked, where the installation is performed etc.). When I put them in the Project properties->General, they are not imported neither to the new folio nor to the existing ones. I have created my own template where I wrote my own %variables.

It only works when I set the general text in the properties of folio (or when I set in the Project properties-> New folio and this text ist then written in every new folio).

Am I doing something wrong or the function of QElectroTech is not like I am describing? Is there a possibility how to insert some general data to the title block even I have done the project and wants to avoid update of each folio?

Thanks a lot for the feedback.
Have a nice day.
Marek

2 (edited by Rasec 2020-08-21 23:02:43)

Re: Project specific data to all folios (also for existing folios)?

Hello,
Going to Settings -> Configure Qelectrotech -> New Project -> Custom.
There, in the cell on the left, put the personalized value you created in the model and beside whatever appears in the project.
create a new project and it updates ... it is not possible to update old projects in this way. it will have to be manually.

You have search and replace util for changing in an entire project some items, like items on tittle block.
Ctrl + F to launch this util.

"Le jour où tu découvres le Libre, tu sais que tu ne pourras jamais plus revenir en arrière..."

Hi all.

Thanks a lot for your answers and support!
BR,
Marek

Hammer1656 wrote:

Hello all,

I am trying to set a general data (who draw, who checked, where the installation is performed etc.). When I put them in the Project properties->General, they are not imported neither to the new folio nor to the existing ones. I have created my own template where I wrote my own %variables.

It only works when I set the general text in the properties of folio (or when I set in the Project properties-> New folio and this text ist then written in every new folio).

Am I doing something wrong or the function of QElectroTech is not like I am describing? Is there a possibility how to insert some general data to the title block even I have done the project and wants to avoid update of each folio?

Thanks a lot for the feedback.
Have a nice day.
Marek

Take note of the fact that folio variables overwrites project variables.
Sometimes you have to remove the folio variable to make use of the (global) project variable.