Topic: EPLAN MACROS

Dear Qelectrotech team.

I have just discovered few weeks a month qelectrotech and I find it a very interesting project.

Since some people have said that the "ideas move the world" I just want to drop a suggestion.

I have seen that there are many vendors that have produced Eplan Macros for their products.

Is there any plan or possibility to develop an utility to import these macros to qelectrotech?

If that were done the software could have access to a huge data base of products.

Best Regards,

Rafael Pirela

Re: EPLAN MACROS

rpirela wrote:

Is there any plan or possibility to develop an utility to import these macros to qelectrotech?

Yes, you can! Write to Eplan something like:

"dear Friedhelm Loh Group, dear Eplan developers,

your software Eplan P8 is incredible but I much prefer use a libre and open source software like QElectroTech.
So... It would be very nice if you could open the XML format of your EMS macros and release it under the GPL license so that the open source community can understand what you've coded and then write a converter to import everything into QElectroTech.
This way, I would never again use your very good (but very expensive) software.

regards,

Rafael"

rpirela wrote:

If that were done the software could have access to a huge data base of products.

With a lot of mistakes and with innumerable features that you never will use, or ever have need...

BTW, if you can convert Eplan symbols/macro in Eplan to DWG/DXF :  after a converter exist here for converting DXF symbols in QET .elmt element format.

"Le jour où tu découvres le Libre, tu sais que tu ne pourras jamais plus revenir en arrière..."

You could try EPlanMacroConverter for solidworks electrical it 's seem to extract in *ema files a dwg symbol, after is easy to convert to ASCII DXF and use Ronny DXF converter to create elmt QET element.

"Le jour où tu découvres le Libre, tu sais que tu ne pourras jamais plus revenir en arrière..."