Topic: Translation in italian

Hello,

My name is Luca Pedrazzi and I'm italian. I want to apologies for writing in English (or something like that) but I never studied French.

I am writing you to ask if I can help translating the program interface in Italian. I usually translate Firefox extensions since I'm a member of mozillaitalia staff.

Thanks in advance

Luca Pedrazzi aka Pedro

P.S. In the real life I work as an electrician nomicons/wink

Re: Translation in italian

Hi Pedro,

No problem for speaking english here, we're aware French is just one language among many.
Of course, you can translate the program in italian. We have a list of all the things that can be translated in QElectroTech on the wiki : http://qelectrotech.org/wiki/doc/translation However, this page is in french ; maybe you could join us on our IRC channel so that we can explain to you how to get into the project and begin to work ?
server : irc.tuxfamily.org
port : 6667
channel : #qet

Gray's Law of Programming:
'n+1' trivial tasks are expected to be accomplished in the same time as 'n' tasks.

Logg's Rebuttal to Gray's Law:
'n+1' trivial tasks take twice as long as 'n' trivial tasks

Thanks Xavier for your fast reply!

I will take a look on the wiki page. I am not able to speak french but with some help I can traslate it

If I encounter some problem I'll join on IRC channel and ask for help.

Thanks again

Pedro

Also, if you do know Subversion, we could give you a write-access account to the Subversion repository, so that you can commit your translations yourself.

Gray's Law of Programming:
'n+1' trivial tasks are expected to be accomplished in the same time as 'n' tasks.

Logg's Rebuttal to Gray's Law:
'n+1' trivial tasks take twice as long as 'n' trivial tasks

Benvenuto. Welcome to QET. I translate QET in Spanish and English. Unfortunately, I will be very busy till June.