ChangeLog from 0.22 to 0.3a
Note: this page aims at providing a summary of all modifications from version 0.22 to version 0.3a of QElectroTech.
- Elements collection: QElectroTech now provides 1465 elements within 233 categories (0.22 provided 153 elements within 51 categories). Most elements are related to electricity though some relate to chillers, solar, hydraulic and pneumatic engineering.
- A new kind of collections appeared to store title block templates; as for elements, there is a distinction between common (system-wide) templates and custom (user-wide) templates.
- English, Spanish, French, Portuguese and Czech translations have been maintained.
- Russian translations have been removed because they are not maintained anymore.
- Polish, German, Italian, Arabic and Croatian translations have been added.
- Following translation to Arabic, some work was done to improve Right-To-Left languages support.
- Elements names are fully translated to English, French, Czech and Polish.
- Main windows: added a “What's this?” action.
- QElectroTech now handles *.titleblock files.
- It is now possible to move and rotate all texts on a diagram : element texts, conductor texts and independent texts.
- When moving a text related to an electrical element, this element is highlighted.
- Texts related to a conductor cannot be moved too far away from it.
- It is now possible to create diagrams with more than 100 rows/columns.
- Elements panel:
- During a drag and drop operation, the hovered item is now expanded after a short time not moving the mouse.
- Items are now expanded/collapsed by a double click.
- Common, custom and embedded collections of title block templates are displayed within the elements panel.
- Elements previews and names are now cached into a SQLite database stored in the user configuration directory, thus speeding up the elements panel (re)loading
- The elements panel now displays the folio index before each diagram title.
- UI consistency: renamed “Import element” to “Open an element file”, separated this action from those related to the current selection, and ensured elements-related actions are disabled when selecting a project/diagram/title block template.
- Freshly integrated elements are now highlighted in the elements panel – this behaviour can be disabled though.
- When clearing the search field, the panel state is restored to its previous state.
- Title blocks are now rendered using templates:
- For each diagram, users can choose the template to be used in the diagram properties.
- They may also drag and drop it from the elements panel to the diagram.
- Title block templates are always integrated within the parent project.
- Fixed a bug in the print preview dialog.
- Added a F2 shortcut for the widget “Edit the color of the given conductor”.
- As elements, diagrams now have a “version” attribute for compatibility purposes.
- Better handling of file opening for documents saved with newer versions of QElectroTech.
- Diagram loading: removed an optimization that could lead to conductors not being loaded when several terminals share the same coordinates.
- Users may now enter visualisation mode by pressing Ctrl and Shift.
- Printing: when printing diagrams with no title block, use the space left by the title block.
- Added a few status and “What's this?” tips.
- Got rid of the green icon used for projects, changed a few other icons.
- Both static and dynamic texts can now be rotated
- Added “dotted” line style
- Added white color for texts
- Newly added parts are placed above existing ones.
Title block template editor
A third kind of editor was implemented so users can create their own title block templates:
- It allows users to customize the layout and content of cells that constitute the title block.
- Cells can be merged and splitted.
- Their width can be fixed, relative to the total width or relative to the remaining widths.
- Their height is a simple fixed length.
- They contain either a logo (be it in SVG or a usual bitmap format) or some text.
- The text value is optionally preceded by a label.
- As other texts within QElectroTech, labels and texts can be translated to other languages.
- Texts and labels may contain variables (e.g. %company-name); these variables are replaced by real world values once the template is applied to a diagram.
- Those real-world values can be set among the diagram properties.